The way we use water today is not sustainable. We’re here to change that. Working at Orbital means using innovation, teamwork and passion to help address one of the world’s most pressing challenges. We need to stop wasting water, and the best way to do that is to use less to begin with. To get people on board, we’ve got to do it in a way that doesn’t compromise ease-of-use and comfort. That’s your job in a nutshell. Come join a diverse team of experts, bring your skills and let’s get to work!
The idea was born in an academic project in collaboration with NASA, and then developed into a working product that enables you to shower in full comfort with only 4 liters of water, saving up to 90% compared to traditional showers, and 80% of the energy consumed to heat the water. Orbital Systems was founded by Mehrdad Mahdjoubi in 2012 and is backed by leading investors including Skype founder Niklas Zennström, and leaders from Tesla, Sony, H&M and more.
We are looking for an Illustrator/Technical Communicator to create high-quality documentation and graphics that contributes to the overall success of our products. You will join a team of talented people within the Commercial team who work collaboratively with developers, quality engineers, product managers, and usability experts to make our products easier to use, while reaching necessary certifications and standards
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Gather information from subject-matter experts and develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
- Produce high-quality product illustrations that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Create and maintain the information architecture
Requirements and skills
- Graphic design skills (Adobe CC, primarily Illustrator)
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to grasp technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Excellent written skills in Swedish and English
- Working experience in technical writing of software and hardware documentation
- Experience in using XML tools (preferably Paligo or similar) to create documentation
- Understanding of SDLC (systems development lifecycle)
- Degree in Communication, Design or relevant technical field
You will have the opportunity to be part of something unique, and build a rapidly scaling business from an early stage. We also offer:
- A unique platform to create a global voice to impact water sustainability
- Generous equity options – own the success you help create
- A team where everyone knows why they get out of bed in the morning
If you are interested in and curious about our company and this role, please send us your CV and an optional Cover Letter. We look forward to bringing you on our water savings mission, tag along for a journey to the future!