The way we use water today is not sustainable. We’re here to change that. Working at Orbital means using innovation, teamwork and passion to help address one of the world’s most pressing challenges. We need to stop wasting water, and the best way to do that is to use less to begin with. To get people on board, we’ve got to do it in a way that doesn’t compromise ease-of-use and comfort. That’s your job in a nutshell. Come join a diverse team of experts, bring your skills and let’s get to work!
The idea was born in an academic project in collaboration with NASA, and then developed into a working product that enables you to shower in full comfort with only 4 liters of water, saving up to 90% compared to traditional showers, and 80% of the energy consumed to heat the water. Orbital Systems was founded by Mehrdad Mahdjoubi in 2012 and is backed by leading investors including Skype founder Niklas Zennström, and leaders from Tesla, Sony, H&M and more.
The Production Tester inspect and report on the quality of products through the entire production cycle. Depending on the product, they may use different criteria to check quality, such as functionality, durability, safety and speed. The role is to thoroughly check materials, procedures and mechanical or electrical systems to ensure that customers get high-quality, functional products. They run tests on various components and features in order to identify and fix technical issues. Experienced Test Engineers might also be responsible for training and managing junior team members.
As a Production Tester in our company, you will work closely with the production team to understand why we’re building a product and what the specific requirements are. Then, you will run a series of tests through all stages of production to identify potential malfunctions and recommend improvements.
Ultimately, you’ll ensure our final products meet our safety and quality standards.
- Gather product requirements (e.g. functionalities, speed, safety standards)
- Inspect raw materials and machinery to identify defects and malfunctions
- Monitor all production stages to ensure safety procedures are followed
- Run quality controls on components and final products
- Develop test environments and test cases for all mechanical and electrical systems
- Analyze test results, detect issues and track root causes
- Suggest fixes and improvements
- Document technical issues and solutions
Requirements and skills
- Previous experience as a Test Engineer or similar role
- Great troubleshooting skills
- High school diploma; Higher degree from a technical school will be appreciated
- Familiarity with various testing techniques
- Basic knowledge of quality standards and regulations
- Analytical mindset
You will have the opportunity to be part of something unique, and build a rapidly scaling business from an early stage. We also offer:
- A unique platform to create a global voice to impact water sustainability
- Generous equity options – own the success you help create
- A team where everyone knows why they get out of bed in the morning
If you are interested in and curious about our company and this role, please send us your CV and an optional Cover Letter. We look forward to bringing you on our water savings mission, tag along for a journey to the future!