The way we use water today is not sustainable. We’re here to change that. Working at Orbital means using innovation, teamwork and passion to help address one of the world’s most pressing challenges. We need to stop wasting water, and the best way to do that is to use less to begin with. To get people on board, we’ve got to do it in a way that doesn’t compromise ease-of-use and comfort. That’s your job in a nutshell. Come join a diverse team of experts, bring your skills and let’s get to work!
The idea was born in an academic project in collaboration with NASA, and then developed into a working product that enables you to shower in full comfort with only 4 liters of water, saving up to 90% compared to traditional showers, and 80% of the energy consumed to heat the water. Orbital Systems was founded by Mehrdad Mahdjoubi in 2012 and is backed by leading investors including Skype founder Niklas Zennström, and leaders from Tesla, Sony, H&M and more.
We are looking for a skilled Assembler to connect parts into more complex components. You will ensure all parts fit correctly and are suitable for the final product. You will use your hands or machines to do the job with greater precision.
You must have good technical knowledge and possess great manual dexterity. Ability to read instructions represented in manuals, drawings, schematics etc. and follow them with precision is extremely important.
The goal is to produce complex outputs by putting together smaller components.
- Read and comprehend instructions and follow established procedures
- Collect all material and equipment needed to begin the process
- Take precision measurements to ensure perfect fit of components
- Select or modify components according to measurements and specifications
- Align material and put together parts to build more complex units
- Check output to ensure highest quality
- Maintain equipment in good condition
- Keep records of production quantities and time
- Report on issues, malfunction or defective parts
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as assembler
- Technical knowledge and ability to read blueprints, drawings etc.
- Ability in using tools (e.g. clamps) and machines (e.g. presses)
- Good understanding of quality control principles
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and physical condition
- High school diploma; Higher degree from a technical school will be appreciated
You will have the opportunity to be part of something unique, and build a rapidly scaling business from an early stage. We also offer:
- A unique platform to create a global voice to impact water sustainability
- Generous equity options – own the success you help create
- A team where everyone knows why they get out of bed in the morning
If you are interested in and curious about our company and this role, please send us your CV and an optional Cover Letter. We look forward to bringing you on our water savings mission, tag along for a journey to the future!