The way we use water today is not sustainable. We’re here to change that. Working at Orbital means using innovation, teamwork and passion to help address one of the world’s most pressing challenges. We need to stop wasting water, and the best way to do that is to use less to begin with. To get people on board, we’ve got to do it in a way that doesn’t compromise ease-of-use and comfort. That’s your job in a nutshell. Come join a diverse team of experts, bring your skills and let’s get to work!
The idea was born in an academic project in collaboration with NASA, and then developed into a working product that enables you to shower in full comfort saving up to 90% compared to traditional showers, and 80% of the energy consumed to heat the water. Orbital Systems was founded by Mehrdad Mahdjoubi in 2012 and is backed by leading investors including Skype founder Niklas Zennström, and leaders from Tesla, Sony, H&M and more.
The role as Software Engineer with a focus on control theory is a key hire for our organisation as you'll be working with our revolutionary water saving technology, developing and maintaining the control system. Although this will be your primary task, you will also develop prototypes and customised testing equipment for interdisciplinary research and development. As a Software Engineer you will swiftly and efficiently deal with any issues that arise with preventive measures and ingenious solutions. You will be a part of an excellent team consisting of electronic hardware, mechanical and electrical engineers.
You’re someone with good social skills, are a pragmatic team player and have the ability to drive projects forward proactively. New technology and innovative solutions to existing problems is a key driver for you, and you’re excited over the opportunity to work for a high-growth company. At Orbital Systems, we are solution-oriented and value critical thinking. If you love your craft and are someone who strives to constantly develop as an engineer this is the right place for you.
You need to have:
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Control Theory or similar
- At least 3 years of work experience
- Knowledge in low-level and high-level object-oriented programming in C/C++
- Ability and interest in documenting your work
- Good oral and writing skills in English
It is great if you have:
- Experience from real-time operating systems
- Good understanding of embedded systems
- Experience in microcontrollers (ex. ARM STM32)
- Knowledge in Python
You will have the opportunity to be part of something unique, and build a rapidly scaling business from the ground up. We also offer:
- Genuine career progression within a fast-growing organisation
- Generous equity options – own the success you help creating
- A company where everyone knows why they get out of bed in the mornings
If you are interested in and curious about our company and this role, please send us your CV and Cover Letter.