The way we use water today is not sustainable. We’re here to change that. Working at Orbital means using innovation, teamwork and passion to help address one of the world’s most pressing challenges. We need to stop wasting water, and the best way to do that is to use less to begin with. To get people on board, we’ve got to do it in a way that doesn’t compromise ease-of-use and comfort. That’s your job in a nutshell. Come join a diverse team of experts, bring your skills and let’s get to work!
The idea was born in an academic project in collaboration with NASA, and then developed into a working product that enables you to shower in full comfort saving up to 90% compared to traditional showers, and 80% of the energy consumed to heat the water. Orbital Systems was founded by Mehrdad Mahdjoubi in 2012 and is backed by leading investors including Skype founder Niklas Zennström, and leaders from Tesla, Sony, H&M and more.
We're looking for a structured and practical person who can take lead in managing lab facilities, tools, equipment, replacement products etc. and ensure compliance with e.g. safety regulations. You are a problem solver with a can-do-attitude and are someone who enjoys working in a lab environment with hands-on tasks include building and maintaining hardware test systems for component and software tests (both functional/verification- and reliability tests), as well as responsibility over running test cases during intense phases of our projects. Providing support as a test engineer and execute test cases is also an important part of the role, as well as:
- Participation in requirements analysis, risk analysis, configuration and change control
- Review product performance data to deliver reports and improvements
- Analyze use cases, develop and maintain tests for integration and system testing
- Work closely with our engineering teams on reporting/analyzing/resolving product issues and defects
- Setup test environments and be a part of our complete product life cycle
- Contribute to improving and maintaining how we work with testing
- Work together with a team to help improve the global water usage situation and our users experience.
You must be hands-on and an innovative problem solver, who gets inspired by the dynamics of a fast-paced and swiftly expanding organization with a global perspective. You have a genuine desire and aptitude to be part of a unique journey. It’s also important that you can relate to environmental and sustainability issues within production. To succeed in this role, you need to have 3 years of proven track record in system verification and testing.
Below are some added qualities that are beneficial to you:
- Minimum 3 years of documented experience in working with software testing
- Experience in leading system testing products with electrical and mechanical components
- Experience in designing, writing and executing test cases
- Some experience in scripting is preferable
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills
- Experience within the SW integration processes using e.g. Git, Gerrit and Jenkins
- And most importantly you are a curious and highly motivated individual who loves making a product the best it can be through awesome testing
You will have the opportunity to be part of something unique, and build a rapidly scaling business from the ground up. We also offer:
- Genuine career progression within a fast-growing organisation
- Generous equity options – own the success you help build and create
- A company where everyone knows why they get out of bed in the mornings
If you are interested in and curious about our company and this role, please send us your CV (and an optional Cover Letter).