The way we use water today is not sustainable. We’re here to change that. Working at Orbital means using innovation, teamwork and passion to help address one of the world’s most pressing challenges. We need to stop wasting water, and the best way to do that is to use less to begin with. To get people on board, we’ve got to do it in a way that doesn’t compromise ease-of-use and comfort. That’s your job in a nutshell. Come join a diverse team of experts, bring your skills and let’s get to work!
The idea was born in an academic project in collaboration with NASA, and then developed into a working product that enables you to shower in full comfort with only 4 liters of water, saving up to 90% compared to traditional showers, and 80% of the energy consumed to heat the water. Orbital Systems was founded by Mehrdad Mahdjoubi in 2012 and is backed by leading investors including Skype founder Niklas Zennström, and leaders from Tesla, Sony, H&M and more.
As we are expanding our product portfolio and are launching new products, this is the perfect timing to improve our overall user and product experience. We’re looking for a world class UX designer to take ownership of, and manage our digital ecosystem, including web and mobile, to make them align with our overall goals. You’ll work with different teams and business divisions, as well as both internal and external resources. The UX/UI Designer will play a key part in our future strategy both for existing and new technology solutions. Above all, your work will have a great impact on the way water is utilised in a more sustainable way across the globe.
We’re looking for someone who wants more than just a job and has a natural attraction to a fast-growing companies. You are an ambitious professional with an interest in new technology and UX/UI. You are structured in your work and get inspired by the dynamics of a fast paced environment. As you’ll be working across products and departments, you’ll need great social skills, together with excellent project management skills.
You also have:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in user experience design and/or user interface design, preferably in the IoT space or in other points of intersection between hardware and software.
- Portfolio and work samples including user-centered design skills, complex experiences such as flows, scenarios, etc. (any fidelity) and demonstration of the overall strategic and detailed work needed to ship products.
- Experience working in direct collaboration with multiple stakeholders for the implementation of designs
- Understanding of what it means to build a premium brand experience
Good to have:
- Data visualization skills
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in User Experience Design, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science or similar
You will have the opportunity to be part of something unique, and build a rapidly scaling business from an early stage. We also offer:
- A unique platform to create a global voice to impact in water sustainability
- Generous equity options – own the success you help creating
- A company where everyone knows why they get out of bed in the morning
If you are interested in and curious about our company and this role, please send us your CV and an optional Cover Letter, regardless of your location today.